A place for everyone
There are more than 350 recognized student organizations (RSOs) on campus. RSOs are a vital part of the campus community at the University of Chicago. Simply put, RSOs are voluntary networks formed by students with shared characteristics and/or life experiences that provide support and community.
What if I want to start an RSO?
Each student organization works with an advisor from the Center for Leadership and Involvement to help achieve the group’s goals and provide quality cocurricular experiences for their members.
In addition, when your student organization is recognized through the Center for Leadership and Involvement, you have access to numerous benefits, including:
- A variety of leadership development workshops and trainings for both members and leaders in your organization
- The ability to hold events on campus
- Free or reduced-cost reservations in many of the University’s facilities
- Eligibility for Student Government funding
- Use of Blueprint, UChicago’s online involvement platform
- Use of the University’s tax exemption status