Empowering others to make change
In an effort to harness the creative energy of the University community, we offer RFP opportunities designed to further the goals of the Diversity & Inclusion Initiative. We accept proposals that enhance climate and full participation in academic life as well as those that promote inclusive teaching and community engagement.
Inclusive Climate RFP
- The primary goal of the Inclusive Climate RFP is to engage individuals and units wherever they are in their development of diverse and inclusive environments. Grants are offered at multiple funding levels, depending on the specifics of the proposal. Applications are currently closed for this academic year.
Inclusive Pedagogy RFP
- The Inclusive Pedagogy RFP seeks applications from faculty, other academic appointees, postdoctoral scholars, and graduate students who seek to understand and incorporate pedagogical practices to foster classroom climates that engage all students. Grants will be awarded to activities and programs that embrace a view of the individual and individual difference as the source of diversity that can enrich the lives and learning of all. Applications are currently closed for this academic year.
Student Food Security Innovation Fund
- The Student Food Security Innovation Fund is designed to address the issue of food security among UChicago students. Applications are currently closed for this academic year.
Community Engagement RFP
- The University embraces its role in empowering local communities by accepting proposals from individuals or groups who wish to work in collaboration with South Side or greater Chicago area communities through programming, research, and the development of inclusive pedagogical activities. Projects can focus on a variety of areas, including health, education, civic engagement, the arts, or culture. Both new ideas and proposals to expand existing projects are considered. Applications are currently closed for this academic year.
Inclusive Climate RFP: Physical Sciences Division
- The Physical Sciences Division (PSD) Inclusive Climate grants offer funding to support PSD constituents in the development of an effort that will advance diversity and/or positively impact the climate of the PSD. More information is available on the PSD website. Applications are currently closed for this academic year.