What is a magnet school? What is your tier and why does it matter? Is there really an option for free, all-day preschool? Come to the interactive workshop to get all of these questions answered and more! Duane Davis, Executive Director, K-12 Education Initiatives, will review the process for applying for Chicago Public Schools, including:
- Factors to consider when choosing a school
- An overview of the various CPS admissions processes
- Differences between CPS Selective Enrollment (Regional Gifted Center & Classical), Magnet, Magnet Cluster, and Open Enrollment schools
- Knowing the deadlines for applications
- Timeline and understanding the selection process
- Parent-to-parent advice to help with the transition
Submit your questions in the registration. We will get through as many of your questions as possible during Q&A. This event is part of the parenting educational series hosted by the UChicago Parent Employee Resource Group.